I received a comment on my blog a couple of days ago that one of my favorite bloggers runstilettos nominated my blog for a Liebster Award. My first reaction was WOW how great is that and then WOW I can’t believe it. Runstilettos is also from Des Moines and we recently just met at the Girls on the Run 5K. I love reading her stories so you should check her blog out too!
So I still haven’t answered the question you want answered, right? What the heck is a Liebster Award?
First off – Liebster is a German for “favorite” so I guess in layman’s terms this is the Favorite Blog Award. It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It is an amazing opportunity to get to know other blogs and pay it forward. The rules for receiving this award are:
- Recognizing the awesome blogger that nominated you!
- Write 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
- THE BEST PART: nominate new bloggers!
- Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
To start off here are 11 random facts about myself.
- Before 3 years ago I had never run more than 1 mile at a time. I never thought I would run 26.2!
- I am deathly afraid of needles. I literally ran away from the nurse and left the building when I needed a shot at 18 years old. To this day I still lose sleep if I know I am going to get a finger prick a month away.
- I am a picky eater. The list of things I don’t like is much longer than the list of things I do like.
- My hometown was flooded in 1993 so I lived and went to school in FEMA trailers for almost 2 years of my life.
- I hate scary movies.
- Almost my whole wardrobe is from Express as I worked there in high school and college.
- If I don’t get at least 8 hours of sleep you don’t want to talk to me the next day.
- I majored in Spanish in college and spent a semester in Spain.
- While in Spain, I watched The Running of Bulls (San Fermin) while living in Pamplona.
- I talk to my mom and both of my sisters on the phone everyday. I love them. 🙂
- If you come to my house, the TV will either be on E! or Bravo. I can’t get enough of the Real Housewives! 🙂
Here are the questions the blogger who nominated me asked:
- What is the worst first date you’ve ever been on? Does anyone go on dates anymore? I think they are mostly “group hangs”. haha
- What is the most embarrassing event to have happened to you on a run or at the gym? About a year ago I wiped out on the concrete in front of The Royal Mile (a bar dt dsm). Did I mention it was summer and the patio was full of people? With bloody knees, I got up and tried to keep going, while really I was totally embarrassed.
- What is your dream job? A job where I feel as though I’m doing something to help the greater good.
- What is your all-time favorite TV show? The OC
- Dog or Cat? Dog
- Who is your celebrity husband/wife? (if you could marry a celebrity, who would it be?) Adam Levine
- What inspires you? Kids. They have a different outlook on the world and remind you whats important and how to be creative.
- What is your biggest accomplishment, to date? Running my first marathon.
- What has been your favorite vacation? Disney World with my family in junior high.
- What is your comfort food? TunaMac
- If you could go back in time, who would you want to meet? Abraham Lincoln
- Katie Pusateri
- Any Excuse to Wear Trackpants
- Yea, I’m a Runner
- Eat, Run, and Everything in Between
- We Shall Have Pie
- The Adventures de Nicole
- Vet School Widow
- BS in the Midwest – Why not Iowa?
- The Trail Less Traveled
11 questions for my bloggers
- Who is your fitness inspiration?
- What is one thing you did everyday when you were 10, but now never do?
- What is your favorite brunch item?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- If you had to spend 24 hours with either Lindsay Lohan or Amanda Bynes who would you choose?
- What was your worst haircut?
- Early bird or night owl?
- What was the last book you read?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen a stranger do in public?
- Apple or Android?
Hope you all get to explore some new awesome blogs that you might not have known about. I know I have! That’s what it’s all about.