As we are more than half way through 2013, I thought I would reflect on the running goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year. Here they are:
- Incorporate more hill training into my runs. — Check (kind of)!
- When I was training for my half in May I really concentrated on this, but need to continue for my fall training. So I guess this one is on track!
- Mentor/train youth in running. — Check!
- This has probably been the best thing I have done all year. I started coaching for Girls on the Run in February. It was a great experience and I hope I can continue to coach in the future. I have also recently started my own running program for kids age 8-17 with mental health and behavioral disorders. It has been one of the most rewarding things I have been apart of.
- Run a sub-2 hour half marathon.
- I was planning on trying to do this in the spring, but I underestimated how much free time I have had with starting grad school at the same time. I’m not saying this isn’t in the cards for me in 2013, but I do think I need to reevaluate the time commitment in late July/early August for a fall run.
- Run a PR marathon.
- This is kind of the same as the sub-2 hour half marathon. I really need to look at how much time I can commit to running in about a month.
All in all, I’m pretty happy with how far I’ve come in 6 months. I also think setting 4 goals for myself might have been a bit lofty, but that’s me I guess! I’m hoping I can nail down my fall running plans in the next month, so stay tuned!