It’s been awhile since I’ve written about my running adventures, but I finally decided it’s time for the complaining runner to return, especially for the adventure I’m about to embark on.
In a little less than two weeks is my 29th birthday AND I will be running the Chicago Half Marathon! A couple weeks ago I was thinking about my birthday and how it will be my last year of my 20s. I just knew that I had to do something crazy before I turned 30, so here it is: I am going to run a half marathon every month from Sept. 2016-Sept. 2017!
If you think I’m crazy, I’ll have to agree, but I’m also extremely excited. I’m going to do some solo, some with friends and family cheering me on, and some along side the running buddies in my life.
I have mapped out some of the halfs that I will attempt over the next year, mainly the ones that my running buddies will also be running with me, but I still have some blanks to fill in. If you know of a great half or even want to join me for one – PLEASE let me know!
Here is what I have so far:
- September 2016 – Chicago Half Marathon – Chicago, IL
- October 2016 – IMT Des Moines Half Marathon – Des Moines, IA – Running Buddy: Shelby Boyd
- November 2016 – St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon – St. Louis, MO
- December 2016 – St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon – Memphis, TN
- January 2017 – Frostbite Series – St. Louis, MO
- February 2017 – Cowtown Half Marathon – Fort Worth, TX – Running Buddy: Bre Holman
- March 2017 – Bridge & Dam Half Marathon – Lake Ozark, MO
- April 2017 – Naperville Women’s Half Marathon – Naperville, IL – Running Buddy: Ally Shabad
- May 2017 – Flying Pig Half Marathon – Cincinnati, OH
- June 2017 – Her Madison Half Marathon – Madison, WI – Running Buddy: Leslie Rieder
- July 2017 – The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon – San Francisco, CA – Running Buddy: Erynn Hesler
- August 2017 – TBD
- September 2017 – Hills & Hollows Half Marathon – Valmeyer, IL – Running Buddy: Kelly Huebner
So stay tuned and make sure to follow my journey throughout the year.